Frequently Asked Questions | Ladue Horton Watkins High School

Ladue Horton Watkins High School

Home of the Rams
Due to Covid19 Ladue school district is not participating in any foreign exchange programs for the 2021-2022 school year.
previous arrow
next arrow

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: How do I sign my child out during the school day?

●  Parents/guardians must physically walk into the Main Office to sign-out their student.
○  Parking is available in the front circle (7:45am-1:45pm) or in the South Lot in a visitor’s space.
○  A phone call or email to the Attendance Office prior to your arrival will expedite this process but a parent/guardian must be physically present to sign-out their student.

●  Students with a parking permit must have a parent/guardian both call and email the Attendance Office stating the time and reason the student is leaving.
○ Attendance Office Phone:  314-993-4540
○ Attendance Office Email:

●  The Attendance Office will verify the following parent/guardian information through Infinite Campus prior to allowing a student to leave:
○ Parent/guardian phone number
○ Address
○ Student date of birth
○ Parent/guardian email address

●  Student safety is our top priority, and students with a parking permit will not be allowed to leave campus until both forms of permission are received.
○ Please note that a parent/guardian may choose to write a standing letter of permission to the school, allowing their student to leave campus, this letter will be kept on file in the Attendance Office.

●  A student who requests to go to their car during the school day will be given a pass after referencing the parking database and signing-out/in.

●  Sign-in/out sheets and visitor sheets are official student records and must be kept on file for a full school year.

Please use the email address and phone number above. Please do not email or call an individual, as those are not checked as frequently as the
dedicated attendance email and voicemail.

Q: Who should I contact if my child will miss part or all of the day?

A:  Parents/guardians are responsible for telephoning the Attendance Office at 993-4540 on the day the student is absent from school. An answering machine is available 24 hours a day to accept calls from parents in advance or on the day of the absence. Telephone requests for early dismissal of a student shall be honored only if the caller can be positively identified as the student’s parent or guardian. Any absence not verified by the parent/ guardian within 48 hours after the student returns to school will count as an unexcused absence. Written messages, including emails, will be accepted, but such messages MUST include a contact telephone number for verification. Any person requesting release of a student must present proper identification prior to release of the student.

What are the Ladue Horton Watkins school hours?

Q: How can I obtain an updated athletic calendar?

A:  Our Activities Director, Nick Gianino, has established a detailed / frequently updated activities website that will provide the most updated information.  You can visit this site here.

Q: How can I get information about the daily activities of the school?

A:  Our student-driven broadcast journalism team produces and records a daily announcements program.  View here at LHS TV.

Q: How can I get information about my child’s academic progress?

A:  Ladue School District uses Infinite Campus to post grades for our students and families. Infinite Campus has developed a parent portal to allow parents/guardians the ability to view the records of their child(ren) via the Internet. Access to student information empowers parents to have improved communication with their children about their academic achievement. The portal is available at

At the high school, we have semester grades with progress grade posting every 6 weeks.

Q: What is the best way to communicate with teachers?

A:  The best method to communicate with the faculty is by email or calling their extension directly.  You can obtain a list of emails, phone numbers and teacher websites here.

Q: What is the best way to communicate my child(rens) health related needs?

A:  Please email our school nurse Mary Simmons or call at (314) 983-5431Click here for more district health-related information.