For the 2022-23 school year, there will be $40 damage waiver that will be charged for every student. This payment will cover the repair costs for possible laptop incidents throughout the school year, including:
• Accidental Damage - Liquid Spills - Drops/Cracked Screens
• Fire - Flood - Natural disasters
• Power surge due to lightning
(*Intentional damage is not covered under this waiver and will result in the full cost of repair or replacement)
You can make your payment here at MySchoolBucks or in the front office with our school's budget/business administrative assistant.
If your laptop is in need of repair, please visit the LHWHS Help Desk located in the library. We will provide support and diagnose the issues you're having with your computer. If repairs are needed, you will be provided a Chromebook loaner during the repair duration.
The main cause for laptop repairs include liquid spills and damaged screens, so please do your best to avoid:
Please remember these laptops belong to the school and should be treated as such. Gross negligence can in some situations lead to additional repair costs that will be charged to the student.
- "Horseplay" that can lead to slamming shut the laptop lid.
- Taking protective case off laptop and shoving into backpacks.
- Drops (both intentional and accidental.)
- Carrying or holding laptop only by the screen.
- Working around drinks and food.